Brake light glitch fix
Some 2010-2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid vehicles (as well as Fusion and Milan) built on or before 8-29-2011 may exhibit a concern of the red brake lamp illuminating. This concern may be accompanied by DTC C1015:64, with no change in brake pedal feel.
- Remove the engine appearance cover.
- Clamp off the motor electronics cooling system (MECS) coolant expansion tank outlet hose with pinch-off pliers.
- Remove the two MECS coolant expansion tank fasteners and remove the tank. Refer to workshop manual Section 307-02B.
- Remove the two brake fluid remote reservoir fasteners and disconnect the brake fluid level switch connector, then position the reservoir aside.
- Disconnect the inner electronic continuously variable transaxle (eCVT) low voltage electrical connector C1458B.
- Disconnect the vacuum supply hose from the booster.
- Disconnect the canister purge (CANP) and manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensors electrical connectors.
- Disconnect the vacuum supply tube from the electric vacuum pump (EVP) and the intake manifold.
- Carefully raise the vacuum tee/check valve assembly until it is approximately at the same level as the radiator support.
- Remove the vacuum tee/check valve assembly from the brake booster hose.
- Remove the brake booster hose from the new service vacuum tee/check valve assembly and discard the hose.
- To assemble, reverse the removal procedure.
REPLACEMENT VACUUM SUPPLY TUBE…..P/N 9E5Z-9C482-B