Infiniti DTC P0603
This TSB applies to a number of Infiniti models, including 2006-2008 FX (S50), 2009 FX (S51), 2006 G35 Sedan (V35), 2006-2007 G35 Coupe (CV35), 2007-2008 G35 Sedan (V36), 2008-2009 G37 Coupe (CV36), 2009 G37 Sedan (V36), 2006-2009 M (Y50), 2008 EX35 (J50), and 2006 Q45 (F50).
If the vehicle MIL is on and DTC P0603 is stored in the ECM, this DTC may have been stored due to a series of previous low battery voltage, dead battery or battery terminal disconnections.
- Connect CONSULT III to the vehicle.
- Turn the ignition on but do not start the engine.
- Check for DTCs. Confirm that DTC P0603 is stored. If not, this bulletin does not apply. If additional DTCs are stored, document before proceeding.
- Erase all DTCs. Confirm that the engine has no DTC stored.
- Turn the ignition off. Wait exactly 5 minutes after the display changes from “No DTC” to “Error.” This waiting period is necessary for the ECM to completely shut off. Do not disconnect either battery cable at any time during this procedure.
- Turn the ignition switch on but do not start the engine. Wait 10 seconds after the display changes from “Error” to “No DTC.”
- Repeat Steps 5 and 6 five more times to complete the system check.
If DTC P0603 does not display after the system check:
- This will indicate that P0603 was caused by a series of previous low battery voltage, dead battery or battery terminal disconnections.
- The vehicle harness, connections and ECM are operating properly.
- Do not replace the ECM. No further action is necessary concerning P0603.
If DTC P0603 DOES display after the system check, use the following claims information:
DESCRIPTION OP CODE SYM DIA FRT
DTC P0603 system check EX16AA HD 32 0.6
- Refer to the appropriate Electronic Service Manual for further DTC P0603 diagnostic assistance.