Brake booster rattle and buzz
Some Toyota vehicles may exhibit a rattle or buzz noise coming from the driver’s instrument panel area. The noise can be duplicated when lightly accelerating and then decelerating, or when depressing the brake pedal with the shift lever in Park and then releasing the brake pedal. An updated vacuum check valve is now available to reduce this noise.
PARTS INFORMATION (for vacuum valve assembly)
MODEL YEAR VALVE PREV. P/N CURRENT P/N
Camry 2007-2010 straight 44730-22150 44730-20080
Highlander 2008-2009 straight 44730-22150 44730-20080
Avalon 2005-2010 straight 44730-22150 44730-20080
RAV4 2006-2009 90-degree 44730-12070 44730-14050
Sienna 2004-2010 90-degree 44730-12070 44730-14050
- Confirm that the noise is coming from the brake booster vacuum check valve.
- Remove the vacuum tube clip from the brake booster check valve and disconnect the tube.
- Remove and replace the brake booster vacuum check valve. Make sure that the new valve is fully seated into the brake booster grommet.
- Reconnect the vacuum tube to the brake booster check valve and secure with the clip.
- Confirm that there are no vacuum leaks and that the noise has been eliminated.