Nissan ECM power
If you have a Nissan vehicle with the MIL “ON” that has DTC P0603 (ECM power supply) stored in the ECM:
- Perform the diagnostic steps in this bulletin FIRST.
- This DTC may have been stored due to a series of previous low battery voltage, dead battery or battery terminal disconnections.
- DO NOT perform any other diagnostic procedures or repairs for this code until you have performed the ones in this bulletin.
2007-2009 Versa (C11)
2006-2009 Sentra (B16)
2006 Altima (L31)
2007-2009 Altima (L32)
2007-2009 Altima Hybrid (L32HV)
2008-2009 Altima Coupe (CL32)
2006-2008 Maxima (A34)
2009 Maxima (A35)
2006-2009 Frontier (D40)
2006-2008 350Z (Z33)
2009 350Z Roadster (Z33)
2006-2009 Xterra (N50)
2006-2009 Pathfinder (R51)
2006-2009 Titan (A60)
2006-2009 Armada (TA60)
2006-2007 Murano (Z50)
2009 Murano (Z51)
2008-2009 Rogue (S35)
2006-2009 Quest (V42)
2009 370Z (Z34)
2009 GT-R (R35)
- Connect CONSULT III to the vehicle.
- Turn the ignition ON but do not start the engine.
- Check for DTCs. Confirm that DTC P0603 is stored. If P0603 is not stored, this TSB does not apply. If additional DTCs are stored, document those DTCs before proceeding.
- Erase all DTCs. Confirm that ENGINE has not DTC stored.
- Turn the ignition OFF. Wair exactly 5 minutes after the display changes from “No DTC” to “Error.” This waiting period is necessary for the ECM to completely shut off. Do not disconnect either battery cable at any time during this procedure.
- Turn the ignition to “ON,” but do not start the engine. Wait 10 seconds after the display changes from “Error” to “No DTC.”
- Repeat Step 5 and Step 6 FIVE MORE TIMES to complete the system check.
If DTC P0603 does not display after the system check:
- This will indicate that P0603 was caused by a series of previous low battery voltage, dead battery or battery terminal disconnections.
- The vehicle harness, connections and ECM are operating properly
- Do not replace the ECM. No further action is necessary concerning P0603.
- Go to Step 9.
If DTC P0603 does display after the system check:
- Go to Step 8.
- Submit claims information to Nissan.
- Refer to the appropriate Electronic Service manual for further DTC P0603 diagnostic assistance. Apply standard warranty claims procedures for repairs of DTC P0603 using ESM procedures.
- If other DTCs were previously stored, perform normal diagnostics.