Reflash Mazda yaw
Owners of 2010-1022 Mazda CX-9 vehicles may complain about the DSC indicator light turning on and off momentarily after driving on a flat road for a few minutes. DTC C1963 (SAS control module (yaw rate sensor part) initial point correction error) may be stored. If the DTC is erased, the same DTC will store again.
This TSB involves CX-9 vehicles manufactured before Feb. 10, 2011, with VIN lower than JM3TB******320219.
Is DTC C1963 the only stored DTC in the DSC/RSC HU/CM?
- If yes, proceed to PUMA SPECIAL SERVICE TOOL (SST) LOANER REQUEST.
- If no, this TSB does not apply. Refer to the workshop manual section 04-02b ON-BOARD DIAGNOSTICS (DSC/RSC).
The PUMA SST is required for DSC/RSC HU/CM reflash. Request a “Loaner” tool on Mstore to perform this procedure. Order P/N Puma2VCI-L.
Unpack the SST and check for visual damage to the PUMA tool and OBD II cable. If damage is found, contact MNAO Technical product Support at 949-442-6537. Verify that there is a solid connection between the tool and cable. Proceed to REFLASH PROCEDURE.
- Using IDS, clear DTC C1963 from DSC/RSC HU/CM.
- Turn the ignition switch off.
- Disconnect IDS.
- Turn the ignition switch on.
- Connect the PUMA tool cab;le to the DLC1 (OBD2) connector.
- When the PUMA tool is properly connected to the vehicle, the “vehicle” light will illuminate green. The reflash procedure will start automatically.
- When the reflash sequence starts, the PUMA tool “Run/Armed” light will flash orange. DO NOT remove the cable during the reflash sequence.
- When the reflash process is completed, the top four lights (PC/PDA, Vehicle, WLAM/E-script, Run/Armed) will flash in sequence (top to bottom continuously).
- Turn the ignition switch off.
- Turn the ignition switch on to verify successful reflash. All lights will illuminate except for the “Warning/Failure” light.
- Do all of the lights illuminate, except for the “Warning/Failure” light?
- If so, proceed to Step 12. If not, proceed to REFLASH FAULT PROCEDURE.
- turn the ignition switch off and unplug the PUMA tool from the DLC connector. The reflash procedure is complete.
- Test drive the vehicle by driving 300 feet.
- If the brake warning light illuminates, proceed to REFLASH FAULT PROCEDURE. If not, proceed to Step 15.
- Repack the SST PUMA tool and return to Mazda – Special Tools Loaner Program using the supplied return label.
NOTE: There could be several reasons why the “Warning/Failure” light is illuminated, from failure to read the VIN to a power interruption. Follow these steps if the reflash process stalls, becomes interrupted or if the “Warning/Failure” light is illuminated…
- Check the vehicle for related DTC codes other than C1963. Repair these fault codes first. Disconnect the PUMA cable from the PUMA tool. Repeat the Reflash Preparation process. Repeat the REFLASH PROCEDURE beginning at Step 1.
- Repeat Step 1 two times if necessary (three times total).
- If the “Warning/Failure” light illuminates after repeating Step 1 two or three times, contact the Mazda Technical Assistance Hotline at 1-888-832-8477. If the light does not illuminate, the repair is complete.