Poor airbag fit
The steering wheel airbag module may not fit properly left-to-right on 2011-2012 Buick LaCrosse, Lucerne or Regal; 2011-2012 Chevy Equinox; and 2011-2012 GMC Terrain.
This condition is caused by the steering wheel switch controls wire harness being out of position. NOTE: The fit of the airbag has no effect on airbag performance.
To correct a fit concern:
1. Disable the SIR system (refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling in the service manual.
2. Remove the airbag from the steering wheel.
3. If the left or right upper corner of the airbag is raised, verify the wire harness routing and white witness mark orientation to the wire harness retaining clip. Reposition as necessary. Note: During the installation of the airbag and engaging the air bag retaining springs, there is momentary contact on the wire harness.
4. Reinstall the steering wheel airbag and verify fit.
5. Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling in the service manual.