Creaking Lexus navigation
Some 2010 Lexus HS 250h vehicles may exhibit a condition where a creak type noise is heard from the dash area near the navigation multi-display while driving.
This condition is caused by the mounting clips contacting the mounting surface behind the display. Felt can be installed on the mounting clips to correct this condition.
Interior noise kit…………P/N 08231-00801
- Remove the multi-display using the multi-display removal procedure. Refer to TIS for applicable model year HS 250h repair manual: Audio/Visual/Telematics – Navigation/Multi Info Display – Navigation/Multi Info Display: Multi-Display: Removal.
- Remove the 1mm-thick felt sheet from the Noise Kit.
- Cut the felt sheet into two pieces with the following dimensions:
- Length: 30 mm (1.18 in.)
- Width: 10 mm (0.39 in.)
- Thickness: 1 mm (0.04 in.)
- Apply the felt to the tabs on the back of the Display unit.
- Reinstall the Multi-Display per the repair manual installation instructions.
- Test drive the vehicle to confirm the repair.