Lexus non-linear acceleration
Some 2010-2011 Lexus GX 460 vehicles may exhibit non-linear acceleration from a stop under certain conditions of low engine rpm with high engine load. The ECM logic has been revised to address this condition.
Use the following repair procedure to recalibrate the ECM. Note that this repair is covered under the Lexus Federal Emission Warranty (in effect for 96 months or 80,000 miles (whichever comes first). The warranty OP code is EG1011.
MODEL: GX 460
MODEL YEAR : 2010-2011
TARGET ECM: ECM MAIN
PREVIOUS CALIBRATION ID: 360E1000 / 360K0000
NEW CALIBRATION ID: 360K0100
TARGET ECM: SUB
PREVIOUS CALIBRATION ID: 56052000
NEW CALIBRATION ID: 56040000
TIS Techstream or Techstream Lite
P/N TSPKG1 or TSLITEDLR01
NOTE: Software version 5.10.029 or later is required.
1. Confirm the condition matches the description.
2. Check for the Authorized Modifications Label affixed to the rear underside of the hood. Confirm if the ECM calibration has been updated. If the calibration ID listed is NOT the latest calibration, go to Step 3.
3. Flash reprogram the ECM. Note: The GR8 battery Diagnostic Station MUST be used in Power Supply Mode to maintain battery voltage at 13.5 V while flash reprogramming.
4. Install the Authorized Modifications Label.
A. Using a permanent marker, enter the following information on the label:
- ECM part number
- Calibration ID(s)
- Dealer code
- Repair date
- Change Authority (this TSIB number: L-SB-0146-10)
B. Affix the Authorized Modifications Label to the left rear underside of the hood. The label is available through the MDC, P/N 00451-00001-LBL.
5. Test drive the vehicle to confirm proper operation.