Hyundai Genesis switch adjustment
This bulletin applies to the 2009 Hyundai Genesis equipped with the 3.8L V6 engine.
An improperly adjusted neutral start switch (inhibitor switch) may result in DTCs P0707 (transmission range sensor circuit low input) and/or P0708 (transmission range sensor circuit high input); and/or a no-start condition in neutral or park.
In order to adjust the switch:
1. Move the shift lever to the N position.
2. Attach GDS and select vehicle, “A/T,” “Current Data” and “Select Lever Switch.”
3. Insert a 5mm bolt to align the select lever. If the bolt fits, go to Step 4 abd check the neutral start switch connector for a loose/bent pin or open circuit in the harness. If OK, replace the neutral start switch and tighten the manual shaft bolt to 4-6 ft.-lbf. If the bolt does not fit, loosen the adjusting nut on the shift cable and install the 5mm bolt. Then go to Step 4.
4. Loosen the adjusting bolt to the neutral start switch.
5. Install the adjustment tool, AISIN #09452-3M400.
6. Rotate the neutral start switch to align the marks on the tool and the neutral start switch.
7. Tighten the adjusting bolt to 7-12 ft.-lbf.
8. Remove the adjusting tool.
9. Tighten the nut on the shift cable.
10. Attach GDS and select vehicle, “A/T,” “Current Data,” and “Select Lever Switch.”
11. Move the shift lever to P, R, N and D, monitor “Select Lever Switch” and confirm the GDS reads correctly.
12. Test drive the vehicle for two key-on, key-off drive cycles. If DTC P0707 or P0708 do not recur, return the vehicle to the customer.