Some 2012 Ford Fusion vehicles may exhibit a MIL on, with DTC P0456 stored in the PCM.
1. Remove the left rear wheel and tire assembly.
2. Remove the three rivets, six pin-type retainers and the left rear splash shield.
3. Plug the fuel tank filler pipe housing drain hole using Motorcraft Clear Silicone Rubber or equivalent.
4. Determine the vehicle build date. If on or before 5/23/2012, proceed to Step 5. If after 5/23/2012, proceed to Step 6.
5. Inspect for the presence of a fill pipe drain tube and install, if not already equipped.
6. Install the left rear splash shield.
7. Install the left rear wheel/tire and lower the vehicle.
8. Insert and remove the SRA (supplemental refueling adapter) into the fuel tank filler pipe five times, leaving it fully inserted for one minute before removing.
9. Using compressed air regulated to 90 psi, apply five short bursts of air onto the capless fuel tank filler pipe door seal.
10. Clear all continuous codes from the PCM.