This bulletin applies to 2012 Audi A6 sedans. The customer may report that the ignition key cannot be removed despite selecting mode “P.” The vehicle is mechanically in Park but Park is not being recognized electrically.
The customer is not able to move the shifter from the Park position. On vehicles with the advanced key, the vehicle cannot be locked by remote control after switching the engine off. The selector lever adjustment “P” is sporadically not recognized. The ignition key is not cleared, or the locking of the vehicle is prevented.
The entry “05-Vehicle authorization system” is often logged in the memory, as well as “00230 – Switch for gearbox position 00230 disruption/short circuit to positive/earth Sporadic”.
Try to reproduce the customer complaint.
1. Check whether further entries are logged in control unit such as ABS, vehicle authorization system, engine, gearbox, etc. If this is the case, complete the guided fault finding.
2. If there is no result, check the following points:
- Adjust the shift cable according to the repair manual.
- Check the selector lever and the release button for ease of movement.
Note that lubricants can contaminate the micro switches (F305) and can lead to long-term damage. Do not apply lubricants such as silicon oil to the gearshift housing, even if the gearshift housing appears to be stiff.
Measure the resistance of switch F305. The required value in position P is about 470 ohm. Replace the switch F305 if out of specification, being careful not to break the tabs on the housing.
3. Adjust/repair any damage. If no damage is found, replace the complete gearshift housing.