4WD Ram Service Interrupted
Owners of a 2011-2012 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup truck may see a “Service 4WD” light in the cabin compartment node (CCN). Upon further investigation, the technician may find that C2210 – FDCM/DTCM internal diagnostic trouble code is set in the DTCM.
When the system detects this, it shuts down the 4WD capability for the remainder of the drive cycle. This condition is not monitored when operating in 2WD. Updating the DTCM software will correct the condition.
Using a scan tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate diagnostic procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify that no DTCs are set. If DTCs other than the one listed here are present, record and repair as needed before proceeding.
1. Connect wiTECH to the vehicle.
2. Place the ignition in the run position.
3. Select DTCM.
4. Select Data tab.
5. Scroll down to “DTCM Internal DTC Reason.”
6. Does the DTCM read “Task Failure?” If yes, proceed to Step 7. If not, refer to procedures available in Dealer/CONNECT/TechCONNECT group 28 (DTC Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Drivetrain Control DTCM/Diagnosis and Testing – C2201 FDCM/DTCM Internal).
7. Install a battery charger to ensure that battery voltage does not drop below 13.2 volts or climb above 13.5 volts. Reprogram the DTCM with the latest software.
8. After DTCM reprogramming, clear any DTCs that may have set.
9. Type the necessary information on an Authorized Modification Label and attach it near the VECI label.