Ford Turbo GTDI Fix
Some 2011-2013 Ford F-150 vehicles built on or before 2-15-13 and equipped with a 3.5L gasoline turbocharged direct injection (GTDI) engine may exhibit an intermittent MIL with one or more of the following DTCs: P0236, P0238, P025E and/or P007D.
1. Using Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS), retrieve DTCs.
2. Are any of the afore-mentioned DTCs stored in the PCM?
a. Yes…proceed to Step 3.
b. No… this bulletin does not apply. Continue normal diagnostics.
3. Inspect for damage in the wiring harness at the turbocharger boost sensor connector C1588 for cracks in the wiring insulation.
4. If damaged wiring insulation is found, install a connector pigtail (refer to splicing methods in Wiring Diagram, section 501).
5. Using electrical tape, retain the harness to the connector shell with an enlarged loop. The pigtail is available as P/N 3U2Z-14S411-SPC.