Gunite Silver Lightweight Brake Drum
Accuride Corp., a leading supplier of components to the North American commercial vehicle industry, has introduced the Gunite Silver Lightweight Brake Drum from its Accuride Wheel End Solutions brand.
The new Silver Lightweight Brake Drum (designated 4000X) provides commercial vehicle OEMs and fleets with an affordable high-strength, lightweight full-cast brake drum as an alternative to lightweight steel-shell drums, while improving durability and performance at the reduced weight.
Key features and benefits of the new Gunite Silver Lightweight Brake Drum include:
- Uniform Heat Dissipation – Consistent section thickness ensures uniform heat transfer performance;
- Strong and Efficient at Reduced Weight – State-of-the-art casting and structural simulation analysis tools combined with high-strength gray iron create an optimum mounting flange and wrap-around design that contributes to overall weight reduction without compromising design integrity;
- Consistent Quality – Advanced state-of-the-art machining process ensures consistent quality and reliability;
- Performance Tested – Exceeds all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 121 (FMVSS) dynamometer test requirements along with Gunite’s additional rigorous internal durability test standards;
- Advanced Articleion Processes – Foundry metallurgy continually monitored and controlled to achieve maximum consistency, while state-of-the-art machining utilizes in-process quality checks of key characteristics to achieve world-class quality standards drum after drum.
For more information visit www.AccurideWheelEndSolutions.com.