Jeep Wrangler May Need Extra Work
If you’re replacing the steering gear or electric hydraulic power steering (EHPS) pump on a 2018-2019 Jeep Wrangler equipped with a long wheel base, additional steps may be needed to complete the repair.
1. Was the vehicle built on or before June 13, 2019, proceed to Step 2. If not, proceed to Step 3.
2. Which part was replaced? If the steering gear was replaced, proceed to Step 4. If the EHPS pump was replaced, no other repair is needed.
3. If the steering gear was replaced, no other repair is needed. If the EHPS was replaced, proceed to Step 4.
4. Reprogram the EHPS with the latest software.
5. Check the vehicle’s sales codes. If it has a sales code 5SY, proceed to Step 7. If not, proceed to Step 6.
6. Add sales code 5SY to the vehicle list. Go to DealerCONNECT>Service>Warranty Administration>Vehicle Option Update.
7. Using wiTECH 2, perform “Restore Vehicle Configuration” routine. This can be found in Guided Diagnostics.
8. Clear any DTCs that may have set in other modules.
Note: If the EHPS software is updated and the sales code is added without steering gear replacement, this will cause undesirable steering feel. To correct this, delete sales code 5SY and perform Restore Vehicle Reconfiguration.