Apple CarPlay Not Playing? Here's the Solution
Some owners of the 2019 Toyota Camry, Avalon, Corolla hatchback, Camry HV, RAV4, Sienna, Avalon HV and C-HR may complain that Apple CarPlay is inoperative or switches to iPod when connecting their phone via the USB cable. Here's how to fix the problem:
1. Verify that the USB cable is genuine Apple and is in good condition
2. Verify the customer is using a compatible iPhone 5 or a newer version of the iPhone
3. If the customer's device does not have "CarPlay" under settings, verify the phone is up to date. If this does not make the selection appear, the phone may need to force restart
4. Verify that Apple CarPlay is switched to ON in the general settings menu
5. Verify that Siri settings are enabled on the customer's phone
6. Go to "Siri & Search"
7. Verify the Siri setting is ON
8. Verify the screen time restrictions for CarPlay are allowed
9. Go to the settings menu on the customer's device
10. Go to "Screen Time"
11. Go to "Content & Privacy Restrictions"
12. Go to "Allowed Apps"
13. Verify that CarPlay has been enabled