Stop/Start Issue for Jeep Compass
This bulletin applies to 2017-2019 Jeep Compass vehicles. The engine stop/start (ESS) may be inoperative. Customers may experience a MIL on. DTC P152F (engine hood switch 2/engine hood switch 1 correlation) may be set. The customer may also note that the ESS will turn off with a message displayed in the cluster and stay off while driving.
Using a scan tool with the appropriate diagnostic procedures available in Service Library/TechCONNECT, verify that all related systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs or symptoms other than the ESS issue are present, record and repair as needed before proceeding.
1. Open and secure the hood.
2. Using a trim stick or equivalent, remove the old striker plate from the hood and discard.
3. Install a new striker plate by engaging the fastener into the hood. The new striker plate has an installation position and a locked position. Do not compress the striker pin before installation. Failure to do so will lock the striker plate and it will have to be discarded.
4. Once the new striker plate has been properly installed, push the striker pin into the striker body to engage the lock.
5. Close the hood.
6. Clear all DTCs that may have been set.
A new striker plate is available as P/N 68417561AA.