Some 2005-2008 Toyota Tacoma models equipped with the 1GR-FE engine may have a small engine oil leak located where the Bank 1 cylinder head, engine block and timing cover meet.
The use of an oil dye and UV leak detector light can help to pinpoint the leak.
If the leak is confirmed at this location, remove and re-seal the timing cover.
Tools required involve the following:
- Oil filter wrench
- Companion flange holding tool 09330-00021
- Transmission oil plug 09325-40010
- Universal puller set “C” 09950-50013-01
- Crankshaft pulley holding tool 09954-05030
- 10 mm union nut wrench 09023-00101
- 17 mm union nut wrench 09023-12701
- FIPG sealant: Three Bond 1282B
- FIPG sealant Three Bond 1207B
- GF-4 Multi-grade SAE 5W-30 oil (6.3 quarts)
- Super long life coolant (10.4 quarts for automatic; 10.3 quarts for manual)