Eco Mode Is Icky
This bulletin applies to 2011-2012 Volkswagen Tiguan vehicles. The customer may experience a harsh shift on acceleration while the “ECO” mode is switched on. Before diagnosis or any repair is attempted, it should first be established whether the concern is also present when the ECO mode is switched off.
- When the vehicle is in ECO mode the following conditions occur:
- The transmission will skip selected gears during shifts to allow the engine to operate at lower speeds.
- The torque converter clutch will engage sooner at lower engine RPM) and remain engaged longer.
- The engine idle speed will be lower.
- The overall driving performance will be more conservative.