A Porsche Shift Fix
Some 2017-2018 Porsche Panamera vehicles may exhibit rough gear changes, especially in first and second gears. Rough gear changes with unmatched engine and transmission revs can be attributed to an un-adapted PDK.
Prior to adaptation drive, update PDK software using the latest PT3G version. Performing a calibration as a prerequisite has been removed. Prior to an adaptation drive, the transmission oil temperature must be greater than 140 degrees Fahrenheit and the transmission control unit must be free of faults.
1. Ignition on.
2. Depress the accelerator pedal slowly, including kick down. Hold for five seconds and gradually release the accelerator pedal.
3. Start the engine.
4. With the vehicle remaining stationary, carry out the following shifts:
- N to R. Stay for 10 seconds and return to N (repeat three times)
- N to D. Stay for 10 seconds and return to N (repeat three times)
- D to R. Stay for 10 seconds and return to D (repeat three times).
5. Drive the vehicle in a normal style for a few minutes without kick down and not exceeding 30% maximum throttle. Shift up through all gears from first to highest gear without using the brake pedal while holding the accelerator pedal at a constant throttle position. Do not use the paddles. Shift down through all gears without using the brake pedal while holding the accelerator pedal at a constant throttle position. Do not use the paddles. Repeat these steps three times. Ideally, the vehicle must drive in each gear, fourth through eighth , for several minutes held constantly in gear if possible.
6. Stop the vehicle, shut off the engine and lock the doors for five minutes.
7. Unlock the vehicle, start the engine and test drive. Verify proper operation.