Fixing the Ford Coast Clutch
Some 2009-2016 Ford E-Series, F-Super Duty, 2009-2015 F-53 Motorhome and 2011-2015 F-59 Stripped Chassis vehicles equipped with a TorqShift transmission (with transmission built on or before Dec. 14, 2015) may exhibit a MIL on with DTCs P0751, P0730 and/or P2700.
Remove the transmission. Disassemble the transmission to remove the coast clutch assembly only. Replace the coast clutch cylinder and coast one-way clutch (OWC) mechanical diode assembly. Reassemble and reinstall the transmission.
Parts required are as follows:
- 7C3Z-7G387-B (coast clutch cylinder)
- 7C3Z-7A089A (coast one-way clutch)
- 378941-S441 (torque converter nuts...6)
- 391308-S102 (fill tube O-ring)
- 8C3Z-7C155-A (main control gasket)
- 8C3Z-7A098-D (filter & seal assembly)
- 3C3Z-7A136-AA (pump gasket)
- 3C3Z-7N134-BA (pump bolts...9)
- N811880-S100 (driveshaft bolts...8)
- XT-10-QLVC (Motorcraft Mercon LV ATF)