Cadillac Wire Harness Damaged by Leak
Some owners of 2016-2018 Cadillac XTS vehicles may comment about a MIL on that displays reduced engine power. DTC P2138 (accelerator pedal position, sensor 1-2 correlation) may be set as current or history.
- Verify that aftermarket equipment is not electrically connected to any of the APP sensor signal or low reference circuits or to any other ECM/PCM 5V reference or low reference circuits.
- If any 5V reference DTCs are set, perform further diagnosis per the DTCs. If any 5V reference DTCs are not set, proceed to Step 3.
- Locate the IP (instrument panel) body harness connector, which may be located in and around the left hand kick panel area or inside the IP.
- Inspect for a water leak in the area. If a leak is observed, repair as necessary to eliminate the leak.
- Inspect the IP to body harness connector terminals for corrosion/debris. Repair as necessary.