This bulletin applies to all 1990-2019 Toyota vehicles equipped with an automatic/continuously variable transmission. Toyota provides cautions when installing an automatic transmission/transaxle to avoid MIL-on, shifting issues and/or transmission damage.
Confirm the following:
- Both alignment pins are present on the engine block.
- ATF lines and cooler have been flushed with the appropriate type of ATF. Note: continuously
variable transmissions require CVT fluid when flushing.
- Correct torque converter bolts and washers are used. Note that not all applications will use
- All ground straps are in the correct locations and are connected properly.
- Correct shift cable adjustment.
- Correct Park Neutral position switch adjustment.
- Transmission fluid level set correctly.
- Transmission learned values have been reset and/or the compensation code has been input (if
applicable) and proper initialization has been performed.
- Transfer all plastic/rubber shipping plugs from the reman transmission to the corresponding
holes on the core.