This bulletin provides the procedure to replace the inhibitor switch on 2017 Kia Optima, Sorento, Optima Hybrid, Optima Plug-in Hybrid, Sportage, Forte and Sedona vehicles equipped with a front wheel drive, six-speed transmission, which may experience the following concerns:
- MIL on with DTC P0705 (transmission range sensor circuit);
- CAN-related DTCs (for Hybrids, CAN DTC C2243);
- Intermittent no-crank/no-start;
- Erratic or harsh shifting;
- EPB and hold lights on intermittently;
- Key OFF indicated after placing selector lever into the "P" (park) position and depressing the start/stop button. When this condition occurs, the “P” position is not indicated on the instrument cluster.
Replace the inhibitor switch. Clear any related DTCs and confirm proper operation.
The inhibitor switch is available as P/N 42700 3B700QQK.