The MIL may be on accompanied by DTC P0441 (EVAP purge system performance). This may be caused by excess flash material from the intake manifold purge port.
1. Remove the engine cover.
2. Locate the purge hose connection at the intake manifold.
3. Disconnect the air cleaner assembly.
4. Remove the throttle body.
5. Remove the hose from the intake manifold. Using a mirror and a light source through the intake port, inspect the inside of the purge port for flashing.
6. Was flash debris found? If yes, proceed with the repair procedure. If not, reassemble and continue with normal diagnostics.
1. Insert a clean towel into the intake manifold opening to catch flash debris. Be sure to insert the towel far enough into the opening so that the leading edge is past the purge port on the intake.
4. Reconnect the purge line and reassemble. Clear any DTCs that may have set in any module.